Area Youth Network
The purpose of the Area Youth Network (AYN) is to provide a place for the youth to come together and share different ideas and try to provide them with a place to have more input into the Scouting program. The AYN is important to help provide youth leadership opportunities and work with them to help get them the required training such as FLEX (Fun Leadership EXperience) for Cubs, FAST (Fun Active Scout Training) for Scouts and FOCUS (Future Of Canada United in Scouting) for Venturers and Rovers.
The youth who are part of the AYN are youth that are appointed by their Group Commissioner. A key person on the youth network should possess some form of youth leadership within their group (e.g. Court of Honour representative, Venturer Executive position, or Rover Squire). It would be nice to have a representative from all groups within the area so that you are able to get a feel of what the groups are doing.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Have fun
- Facilitate Local Youth involvement (i.e. Court of Honour, Venturer Executive, Rover Round Table, Sixer council)
- Develop leadership potential in youth as future Group Youth Rep
- Deliver event information to youth
- Work closely with Group Scouter
- Attend Area Youth Forum, Group Committee meetings
- Prepare and present a Group Youth Representative report for meetings of the Area Youth Forum.
- Area Youth Commissioner
- Group Commissioner
Is appointed by the Group Commissioner to the Area Youth Commissioner.
Will not serve more than 3 years consecutively.
Any questions? Contact TBA.